These emails are designed for those investing into Singapore and those who have plans to do so. We aim to keep the points short and sweet, and to merely list snippets of relevant but easy to read information.
- The Variable Capital Company (VCC) is a new corporate structure that provides flexibility in the issuance and redemption of its shares.
- Being present in Singapore for 183 days or more is just one residency test.
- Singapore Night Safari is the world’s first night zoo; it opened in 1994.
- Singapore is made up of one main island and 62 smaller islands.
- Singapore does not require employers to withhold tax on salaries paid (such as PAYE in the UK, A-skat in Denmark, etc.).
- The Singapore Botanic Gardens was awarded the status of UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2015.
- The world’s tallest indoor waterfall is located at the Jewel Changi in Singapore.
- Singapore has no tax on dividends or inheritances.
- Singapore does not have a double tax treaty (DTA) with the US.
- Singapore is rapidly becoming a popular country in which to establish investment funds / mutual funds.
This message is not given in the form of an opinion, legal opinion or tax advice. If any of the information provided is of interest or relevance to you or your company we would strongly recommend you contact us or another qualified professional for specific advice.