With greater freedom to live and work overseas, more individuals are experiencing international tax issues.
Given the differing tax laws between countries and intricacies associated with double tax treaties, dealing with two or more countries’ tax legislation can be complicated. We can help you navigate the complexities specific to your position – offering tailored advice and guidance.
Our international focus and knowledge allows us to address any cross-border considerations that might be relevant to your circumstances. With offices located in six jurisdictions, and our global network, we are well equipped to take care of any compliance obligations that arise in your domestic and associated countries.
A few common areas we deal with are:
- We can help you determine how domestic sources of income will be taxed when you move abroad, for example UK rental income when moving to Australia.
- We can help you establish where you are ‘treaty resident’ if you are resident in two countries under local tax legislation.
- We can help you understand your domicile status, for example whether you are domiciled in the UK under ‘deemed domicile’ legislation.
- We can help you complete all exit and arrival tax issues when moving between countries.
- We can help you complete dual tax return filings, in your domestic country and overseas.
For assistance with tax services connected to one of the countries where we have offices, please see here: