These emails are designed for those investing into Denmark and those who have plans to do so. We aim to keep the points short and sweet, and to merely list snippets of relevant but easy to read information.
- The 2022 Tour de France will begin on Friday 01 July 2022 in Copenhagen.
- Denmark has Europe’s lowest social contribution rate paid by the employer. Employers only pay social contributions corresponding to approximately DKK 10,000 to 12,000 per employee per year.
- The public company form (A/S) is far more commonly used than the equivalent in other countries. It is not uncommon for tradesmen and small businesses to conduct business in the form of an A/S.
- The top pharmaceutical company based on global anti-diabetic revenue is by far the Danish company Novo Nordisk.
- Whilst an ApS only needs one director, an A/S needs at least three.
- The Danish cycle lane is unique: A curb stone edge protects cyclist from cars. 2.2 meters is the standard width of cycle lanes in Denmark.
- A Danish limited partnership (K/S) is taxed as a company under some circumstance, but under other circumstances it is tax transparent (in which case the partners are the taxpayers).
- Being a civil law country, the concept of ‘company secretary’ does not exist under Danish company law.
- Approximately half a million bicycles are sold in Denmark each year.
- In contrast with many European countries, it is relatively easy to dismiss a full-time employee in Denmark.
This message is not given in the form of an opinion, legal opinion or tax advice. If any of the information provided is of interest or relevance to you or your company we would strongly recommend you contact us or another qualified professional for specific advice.