These emails are designed for those investing into Australia and those who have plans to do so. We aim to keep the points short and sweet, and to merely list snippets of relevant but easy to read information.
- A survey for the Australian Institute of Company Directors of more than 1600 business leaders found two-thirds were confident about the nation’s 12-month economic outlook for 2022.
- The Great Victoria Desert, intersecting Western Australia and South Australia, is bigger than the whole of the United Kingdom.
- On 4 January 2022, the ASX 200, a share index representing the top 200 Australian companies listed on the Australian stock exchange, rose to its second highest closing value in history.
- The world’s ‘largest rock’ is not actually Uluru (Ayers Rock) in the Northern Territory, but Mount Augustus in Western Australia.
- State and territory governments in Australia have made public health orders requiring certain workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in their particular state or territory.
- The Australia Alps receive more snow each year than the country of Switzerland.
- GDP in Australia in expected to reach 1,370 USD Billion by the end of 2021, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analyst expectations.
- In Australia, over 300 different languages and dialects are spoken, including 45 Indigenous languages.
- A share transfer in an Australian private company can be done in an hour (compared to most European civil law jurisdictions – where a notary must be involved).
- Australia has a Dingo Fence which runs over 5,530km through Queensland and South Australia. It is 3 times the length of the Great Wall of China.
This message is not given in the form of an opinion, legal opinion or tax advice. If any of the information provided is of interest or relevance to you or your company we would strongly recommend you contact us or another qualified professional for specific advice.