These emails are designed for those investing into Australia and those who have plans to do so. We aim to keep the points short and sweet, and to merely list snippets of relevant but easy to read information.
- Australia has more kangaroos than people (50m and 25m respectively).
- Australian citizens currently need government approval to leave the country.
- Australia’s Q2 annual inflation rate jumped to 3.8% in Q2 2021, the highest in over 13 years.
- About 86% of Australia’s population live in cities – with almost all people living close to the coast.
- Many claim that Australia gets more snow than Switzerland in an average year.
- A foreign company renting a warehouse in Australia has a permanent establishment and is liable to company tax – under Australian domestic law.
- The spelling of English words in Australia is practically identical to the spelling in British English – but major differences are found compared to US English.
- Australia’s unemployment rate is 4.9%, the lowest in a decade.
- A foreign company with ‘substantial equipment’ located in Australia has a permanent establishment and is liable to company tax – under Australian domestic law.
- A non-resident employee is taxed in Australia from day 1 if working for or deemed to be working for an Australian employer in Australia – despite having an employment agreement only with an overseas employer.
This message is not given in the form of an opinion, legal opinion or tax advice. If any of the information provided is of interest or relevance to you or your company we would strongly recommend you contact us or another qualified professional for specific advice.