Are you considering expanding your business to Australia? Join our free webinar on Tuesday 31 July at 10am for a review of the questions you should be asking yourself.
Your expert speakers
Richard Harper, now the owner of Keyway Trade Services in Sydney, shares his decades of experience in Australia with UKTI/Department for International Trade working with UK businesses entering Australia.
Ned Shelton, Managing Partner of the independent specialist firm Sheltons Accountants, makes available his many years of experience with working with UK businesses exporting to and setting up in Australia.
Who is the webinar for?
The webinar has been designed for any business that has been considering expanding from the UK to Australia. Ned Shelton and Richard Harper will discuss the key issues to consider before your business expansion.
What does the webinar cover?
The webinar will provide guidance on everything from Australian tax rules on exporting and on running a business in Australia to selling on-line, and from special considerations on selling in Australia to understanding Australia, Australians – and the Australian market.
Ned Shelton touches on
- Company law – differences (to the UK)
- Company tax
- Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT
- State taxes
- When you need to register with ASIC (as a branch)
- When you might have to pay company tax (the ‘permanent establishment’ issue)
- ABNs, domain names and trademarks,
- And especially: GST on sales (export) to Australia
Richard Harper addresses
- Australia – the country in context
- Agents and distributors and ways to market
- Registration – prohibitions and restrictions
- Resonating with Australians
- Specifics on food and drink
- The supermarket dominance
- Key elements for success
- The importance of market visits
- Dealing with Aussies
Why join the webinar?
- Explore the benefits of setting up a physical presence in Australia vs exporting to Australia
- Learn about the various tax rates and rules
- Find the most tax efficient ways to expand into the Australian market
- Learn about the special features of Australia
- Find out about the key actions prior to market entry
- Hear about the traps and opportunities of selling to the Australia market
- Put your questions to an expert panel
Reserve your place in seconds – for free
The webinar takes place on Tuesday 31 July at 10am. You can reserve your place in seconds here. It’s free! Can’t make it? No problem. We will send you a link to the full recording of the webinar so you can learn from the experts’ views at a more convenient time. Don’t miss out.